SNAP Outreach Program

SNAP Assistance at The Salem Pantry

What is SNAP?

SNAP benefits include:

  • Monthly funds on a card to buy food
  • Money put back on your card when you use SNAP to buy local produce via the Healthy Incentives Program (HIP)
  • Free education and training opportunities, free nutrition education classes and resources
  • Connections to other kinds of help, like utility discounts, free school meals and more!
The Salem Pantry can:
  • Help you complete and submit the SNAP application.
  • Answer any questions you may have about qualifying.
  • Assist you with an open SNAP case or your current benefits.
Interested in learning more or want to apply? 

Complete the form on this page and a member from our team will contact you soon.

For immediate questions please contact Karina Cornejo Arce ([email protected]) or Josh Quirk ([email protected])

Need assistance with SNAP or want to learn more? Complete the form below!
Preferred Language(Required)

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


How do I know if I am eligible?

Your monthly household income (before taxes) cannot exceed the following amounts to be eligible for SNAP:

Household Size* Maximum Income (per month)
1 $2430
2 $3287
3 $4143
4 $5000
5 $5857
6 $6713
7 $7570
8 $8427
For each additional member, add: $857

*Your household includes everyone who purchases and prepares a majority of their meals together.

Do I need to be a US citizen to apply for SNAP?

If you are not a US citizen or eligible immigrant, it is safe for you to get SNAP for an eligible family member (like your US citizen child).

If I apply for SNAP am I still able to use the food pantry?

Yes! Applying for or being approved for SNAP benefits will not effect your ability to receive food at The Salem Pantry.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (833) 620-1071, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation.

Link to discrimination complaint
instructions: .

The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to:

1. Mail:
Food and Nutrition Service, USDA
1320 Braddock Place, Room 334
Alexandria, VA 22314; or

2. Fax:
(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

3. Email:
[email protected]